Thursday, November 26

Words Cannot Express...and yet...


Please don't tell them you never got to know me
It is I whose kicks you will always remember,
I who gave you heartburn that a dragon would envy,
I who couldn't seem to tell time and got your days and nights mixed up,
It is I who acknowledged your craving for ice cream by knocking the cold bowl off your belly,
I who went shopping and helped you pick out the perfect teddy bear for me,
I who liked to be cradled in your belly and rocked off to dreamy slumber by the fire,
It is I who never had a doubt about your love,
It is I who was able to put a lifetime of joy into an instant.

~Author Unknown



"Breathe.
Listen for my footfall in your heart.
I am not gone but merely walk within you."
~Nicholas Evans, From "The Smoke Jumper," Copyright, 2001




"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
~Kahlil Gibran



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and leave a message!