Wednesday, March 31

Magic Ointment & Creepy Stuff

Got all my labs back~all clear there: no cancers or weird stuff. And saw Dr Freedom yesterday: incisions healing nicely. He was amazed at how good I looked just one week after surgery. (So am I.)

Funny thing is, I felt best last Wed-Sat morning...after that I must have done too much & slipped into a cotton-candy-brain-fog, exhaustion, and minor pain. But today I feel like I'm coming out the other side.

While my incisions looked good yesterday, those freakin blisters from the bandages didn't,  so my dr gave me a prescription that the hospital makes up special...it's an antibiotic/antifungal/cortizone ointment (they figure cover everything with one topical cream!).

Creepily, it's called Nipple Ointment and I'm putting it on my stomach.


I was a little afraid I'd wake up this morning to find 5 new nipples on my tum (1 per incision). Now wouldn't that be creepy?! Ugh!!! I want a reduction on the boobs I already have: I certainly don't need additional ones!!

Instead I woke up to find my incisions had gone from looking "good" to looking "pretty damn great"! (Those are medical terms, right?)

I mean this stuff is seriously great~it's like a magic serum!!! And (since I'm on the dole from the government) instead of costing me $65 for a mini tub of this stuff, I only paid $1.10! Nice!


Yesterday
(No comments on my ripples & bulges!)
Notice the blisters are bigger than the surgical incisions!


Today
(Ok~after looking at these maybe they don't look that much better.
BUT they feel wonderful!!!)

Anyway, I'm feeling sooo much better. Better than before the surgery, that's for sure. That freakin' endometriosis was basically like a spider spinning its creepy little web throughout my insides, attaching the web to all sorts of sundry internal organs...which  would explain why it hurt to even walk. (Like my analogy? Creepy, huh???)

Doesn't this picture make the endometriosis look like a spider web?
In case you were wondering, Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility.The tissue growth typically occurs in the pelvic area, outside of the uterus, on the ovaries, bowel, rectum, bladder, and the delicate lining of the pelvis. However, the implants can occur in other areas of the body, too. (I've heard of it showing up in women's lungs & spines!!! Yikes!!! Creepy!!!!)

Anyhoo...there you have it: my musings for the day. Guess my word for the day is "creepy." Does that make me creepy too??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and leave a message!