Sunday, June 6

Wonderful Weekend

Teagan's mommy & daddy did a weekend getaway (lucky them!). Their going away made 3 grandparents & an auntie very happy too!

Here's what they did:







Yeah~I'm jealous too!!!

Anyway, while her parents got some much needed time together, Gramma Cindy, Mama Sue, Papa Tom, and Auntie M plied Teagan with adoration and love...poor child! ;-)

Adoring fans...


Reading with Papa Tom


Cuddling after her nap with Mama Sue



Setting off on a Walk




We were either very brave or very stupid (we're not sure which) and took Teag out to dinner. Chinese. I'm pretty sure the food was good~it's just that so much of it was flying onto me, courtesy of Miss TeaRose, that I didn't get to eat much myself! She LOVED the food: she was filling her face as fast as she could. Observers probably thought we hadn't fed the child in months!

Papa Tom laughed harder & harder during dinner while I gave up trying to keep either Teag or myself clean. She had rice coming out of her ears and sauce dribbling down her chin. And she, being of Italian decent, jammered on while eating waving her hands for emphasis, flinging food everywhere. I will say, however, that she didn't like everything she tried, which was proved as an egg roll hit my chest and rolled down to my knees!

Me: No! No, Teagan! No throwing food!
Teagan: Yum...mmmm...mmmmm...

Fortunately the restaurant owners' had their son there who was born at the same hospital just the day before Teagan was & the two of them made friends. This helped us when we looked under the table & saw the rice & food menagerie on the floor~I offered to sweep it up myself, but they said, No! quite emphatically & said we should feel free to bring Teagan back any time.

Sadly there are no pictures of this experience, as I was afraid to expose the camera to the carnage.


When we got home, she promptly bathed~in the birdbath, mind you!






Then she had a real bath...




Teagan cuddled up while Mama Sue sang her the "Stay Awake" song (from Mary Poppins).




Stay awake, don't rest your head
Don't lie down upon your bed
While the moon drifts in the skies
Stay awake, don't close your eyes


Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow's soft and deep
You're not sleepy as you seem
Stay awake, don't nod and dream
Stay awake, don't nod and dream



After we were all drowsy & cozy, Papa Tom and Mama Sue headed home and Teagan & Gramma Cindy headed to bed. Auntie M wasn't far behind them!

Teagan (and we) slept for 9 uninterupted hours!

And then we woke up and started a new day! But that's another story for another time.

Phew! Gracious me! No wonder Mommy & Daddy needed a brief break! And thank God they did: cuz we love our Teagan time!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, that's so nice for both "parties". I adore the moments Grant and I can get away and not worry about our little tot. So that being said, can I FedEx him up to you? lol

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love and leave a message!